[discuss] Linking with 32bit libs

Y B ybusenet at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 18 08:41:54 CET 2003

--- marc.miller at amd.com wrote:
> If you are confined to linking to a 32-bit library, your
> application must also be 32-bit.

That's a shame 'cause my application can definitely use 64 bit
registers and maybe address space.

The library in question in a small library which does not have
impact on the preformance of the application. It just allows
me to access some proprietory file formats. There is not much
motivation for the vendor to move to 64 bit. So it would have
been nice if I could use the library even if it meant penalty
of a system call for each function call.

Thanx,
--
YB